WELCOME - here's a place to talk about reading good books, the love of Yorkshire terrierists, enjoying Nebraska Cornhusker Football and whatever else comes up...
Thanks for stopping by - be a commentator and let me know you were here!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Quilt Shop Hop - part 1


Well! Beautiful Bonnie & Krazy Kristie picked me up at 8:30am Saturday and we hit the road! First stop involved eating a huge breakfast at Shari's Restaurant, then we planned our route for the shops in the Boise metro area. First we went to Kuna, to Knit One, Quilt Too - cute place and the $$ spending began with a bang. We then went to A Quilter's Garden in Meridian, Idaho Sewing & Vacuum (Boise), The Country Quilter, The Quilt Crossing and Quilt Expressions (all Boise). With smoking credit cards, we hit Highway 55 on our way to Crouch/Garden Valley to stop at Snips N' Stitches; one of our favorite places.


















The Red/White/Black (and ugly) quilt is the featured Shop Hop Blocks quilt - and none of us liked it... However, all of us flipped over the Vintage Valentine Quilt above. More pictures below showing the quilting up close. Bonnie & I both signed up to be included in this Block of the Month program, so will be making this one eventually!

We were here a LONG time and spent way too much! More to come later....

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Gracious..that is a pretty quilt, the Victorian one, that is.

Pattie said...

Hi Becky - This is my first visit to your blog, and I WILL be back: we have a lot in common! Quilting... doggies... reading... perimenopause... LOL! Plus, I used to have family in Boise and Emmett, Idaho. Beautiful area!

I wish I could have joined you on the quilt shop hop. It sounds like you three had way too much fun!

Idaho Quilter said...

OH the quilt shop hop sounded like it was a blast, I wish I could have joined in. We are planning one in the fall for Ada & Canyon County. Did know there are 3 new shops in Nampa?

Which shop did you find the BOM in? I agree it is beautiful. Are you going to post more photos?