WELCOME - here's a place to talk about reading good books, the love of Yorkshire terrierists, enjoying Nebraska Cornhusker Football and whatever else comes up...
Thanks for stopping by - be a commentator and let me know you were here!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Finished quilt!


Here is my most recent completed project [We'll talk about the UFO's a.k.a. UnFinishedObjects later]: A rag quilt with appliqued blocks. The photos don't do it justice (as usual with my photography). The soft colors combined with the wash/rag style make it look vintage and quaint. Right now it is hanging in my drab little cubicle at work and is doing an outstanding job of brightening up that space! The pattern is called "Sweet Annie" from the book "Cut, Sew, Quilt as You Go" by Sheri Bignell. Sorry the first photo is sideways - I can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate it using this Blogger software :) I have enough leftovers that I may make a little pillow to match, but if I take a pillow to work I'd be awfully tempted to use it (for a nap). Most of the fabric I used is from a line called "Serenity"and I bought it in McCall a few weeks ago.

No comments: