Friday, August 29, 2008
1. I saw the movie "Star Wars" 8 times at the theatre when it first came out. (Mostly because I had a crush on Harrison Han Solo Ford)
2. In the spring, when I select flowers for the yard, I talk to them and tell them how beautiful they will look (much to my husband's chagrin since we are usually at Home Depot in a crowd).
3. Sometimes (most of the time) I like dogs better than people!
4. I learned to quilt (and thread a sewing machine) at age 42.
5. I must have coffee in the morning or It Will Be A Bad Day...
6. As a child I never played much with dolls or stuffed toys - but as an adult I LOVE teddy bears and talk to them and play with them. (I guess I do stuff backwards sometimes)
7. I am a Daddy's girl and always will be.
S0 - that's it for me. Now to select 7 lucky people to tag:
1. Bob T Bear, Esquire(A teddy bear)
2. Mary Margaret (a Yorkie)
3. Dilly (A Croco-wagon, really!!)
4. Pattie at Attitude Changes Everything
5. Janet at Idaho Quilter
6. Bumblevee at The Bearister Bookcase
7. Mrs. Nesbitt
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Of course, when I start thinking (not only is there smoke involved), there are lots of “me’s” thinking at the same time in my head. A few of those thoughts:
· Who cares what other blogs do?
· This blog is mostly for friends and family to know what’s going on with us
· The Funny blogs are my favorites to read, does that make me shallow?
· I don’t post every day, does that make me a bad blogger?
· I’m not sure I could pick just one theme…
· My blog is boring
· I don’t have many readers (should that bother me?)
· I like cheese
· Some bloggers rant and use foul language, my mother reads this so I won’t
· I need to find some pictures – blog posts are dull without pictures
So – hmmmm, to theme or not to theme, that is the question?? Is it better to have themed and lost than never to have themed at all?? Somebody stop me! Help! Anyone???...Buehler?
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
GOLD MEDAL goes to the HOME TEAM - Team Husker!!! Here is the winning entry with a direct quote from the judges, " for bak-to-bak synchronizayshun, a very advarnst form ov the sport."
SILVER medal goes to "TB SUPERSTAR for perfekt synchronizayshun in sittin pozishun- crosst legs, an arms all pozishund alike too. Eevn the Not-a-Bears. Grayte stuff! "
A quote from the winning team's coach (that would be me) left on the event blog comment list:
Woohoo!! Team USA has won another GOLD MEDAL!!! And we have word back that all have officially passed the drug tests - congratulations to all the winners!! Team Husker is going wild - we have bear mayhem, the flight back is out of control - the stewardess has warned us 3 times to stay in our seats!!! Being that we have won the event, I'm sure we can SIT for a little while longer!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
And here on Christmas morning... he is a nut! He didn't want the toy I was showing him, he wanted my new yorkie slippers! His brother, Maxwell was really interested in the toy. ha!
It was a big day - he had a snooze in the new blankie.Scooter says: Here I am with my brothers (I'm on the left, then Maxwell & Oscar). We were watching Mom planting stuff in the front yard. We are inspectors!
And here I am this morning! All grown up and serious... My mom thinks she wants another baby.... My dad told me I better start acting like a baby again or else he'd hang me up by my ears for a while! Dad says 3 kids are ENOUGH...
Friday, August 8, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
The rules: All you have to do is Google your first name with the word 'needs' behind it, and post the first 10 results. Here's what Google listed, although I had to use the second & third pages to come up with ten:
Wow, the very first thing that came up was kind of rude so I don't think I will count it, but if you want to know what it said, look here ( sounds hurtful to me!!)
1. Becky needs a bullet in her head. (no, I really don't think that would be helpful at all!)
2. Becky needs friends, not boyfriends! (Oh yes - I completely agree)
3. Becky needs an exorcism. (not that I'm aware of... maybe that is one of the symptoms?)
4. Becky needs a psychiatrist. (been there, done that)
5. Becky needs a home. (I have a good one, thanks very much)
6. Becky needs good/clever ideas. (Yes, I could always use some of these)
7. Becky needs a special saddle. (maybe I do if I were to go horseback riding)
8. Becky needs a secret life because her real life is often so overwhelming and frustrating. (sometimes it is, but I'm not sure I need to go to the extreme of a "secret life". LOL)
9. Becky needs needs to be disciplined. (First tell me what I did wrong!)
10. Becky needs information about this. (Yes, I need to know what "this" is...)
So, if you want to try it just for kicks, let me know how it turned out in the comments!
See 'ya later,