Thursday, November 6, 2008
1 a: partially or totally dark ; especially : dismally and depressingly dark
synonyms see dismal, sullen
Well - that pretty much says it all for me today and for lately... Dismal, gloomy and feeling low. I think my moods are directly affected by the weather - so I'm hoping for a sunny day to pop in soon.
“Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously.” --Og Mandino
The best cure for me when I get to feeling this way is humor and laughing. So, I'm looking for "the funny" today - any ideas where there might be some?
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
UPDATED: Uncle Tom passed away today, Monday 9/15/2008 at 6:00pm.
Monday, September 8, 2008
According to the rules, I need to post my "pool" of possible selections on my blog here and then post reviews as I finish reading at: Ripping Yarn's Site
So - Here is my pool of possibilities:
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (which may be cheating because I just finished reading this one and LOVED it!)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Breaking Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- unknown... because I don't usually read scary books, I don't have many in my "to be read" pile, so I'll have to investigate. Gee a trip to Barnes & Noble will really break my heart - LOL
- UPDATE: "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly (recommended by a friend)
- UPDATE: " The Thirtheenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield
- (I found out it doesn't necessarily have to be SCARY, it can also be about the supernatural, preternatural, etc... that makes it easier since I love Vampires, werewolves and stuff like that... yippee!)
So - onward and upward - woo hoo!!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
1. I saw the movie "Star Wars" 8 times at the theatre when it first came out. (Mostly because I had a crush on Harrison Han Solo Ford)
2. In the spring, when I select flowers for the yard, I talk to them and tell them how beautiful they will look (much to my husband's chagrin since we are usually at Home Depot in a crowd).
3. Sometimes (most of the time) I like dogs better than people!
4. I learned to quilt (and thread a sewing machine) at age 42.
5. I must have coffee in the morning or It Will Be A Bad Day...
6. As a child I never played much with dolls or stuffed toys - but as an adult I LOVE teddy bears and talk to them and play with them. (I guess I do stuff backwards sometimes)
7. I am a Daddy's girl and always will be.
S0 - that's it for me. Now to select 7 lucky people to tag:
1. Bob T Bear, Esquire(A teddy bear)
2. Mary Margaret (a Yorkie)
3. Dilly (A Croco-wagon, really!!)
4. Pattie at Attitude Changes Everything
5. Janet at Idaho Quilter
6. Bumblevee at The Bearister Bookcase
7. Mrs. Nesbitt
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Of course, when I start thinking (not only is there smoke involved), there are lots of “me’s” thinking at the same time in my head. A few of those thoughts:
· Who cares what other blogs do?
· This blog is mostly for friends and family to know what’s going on with us
· The Funny blogs are my favorites to read, does that make me shallow?
· I don’t post every day, does that make me a bad blogger?
· I’m not sure I could pick just one theme…
· My blog is boring
· I don’t have many readers (should that bother me?)
· I like cheese
· Some bloggers rant and use foul language, my mother reads this so I won’t
· I need to find some pictures – blog posts are dull without pictures
So – hmmmm, to theme or not to theme, that is the question?? Is it better to have themed and lost than never to have themed at all?? Somebody stop me! Help! Anyone???...Buehler?
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
GOLD MEDAL goes to the HOME TEAM - Team Husker!!! Here is the winning entry with a direct quote from the judges, " for bak-to-bak synchronizayshun, a very advarnst form ov the sport."
SILVER medal goes to "TB SUPERSTAR for perfekt synchronizayshun in sittin pozishun- crosst legs, an arms all pozishund alike too. Eevn the Not-a-Bears. Grayte stuff! "
A quote from the winning team's coach (that would be me) left on the event blog comment list:
Woohoo!! Team USA has won another GOLD MEDAL!!! And we have word back that all have officially passed the drug tests - congratulations to all the winners!! Team Husker is going wild - we have bear mayhem, the flight back is out of control - the stewardess has warned us 3 times to stay in our seats!!! Being that we have won the event, I'm sure we can SIT for a little while longer!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
And here on Christmas morning... he is a nut! He didn't want the toy I was showing him, he wanted my new yorkie slippers! His brother, Maxwell was really interested in the toy. ha!
It was a big day - he had a snooze in the new blankie.Scooter says: Here I am with my brothers (I'm on the left, then Maxwell & Oscar). We were watching Mom planting stuff in the front yard. We are inspectors!
And here I am this morning! All grown up and serious... My mom thinks she wants another baby.... My dad told me I better start acting like a baby again or else he'd hang me up by my ears for a while! Dad says 3 kids are ENOUGH...