WELCOME - here's a place to talk about reading good books, the love of Yorkshire terrierists, enjoying Nebraska Cornhusker Football and whatever else comes up...
Thanks for stopping by - be a commentator and let me know you were here!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Special Quilt for Uncle Tom...




My Dad's brother, Uncle Tom, is not doing very well. He has Lung Cancer and it is in the very last stages. He has been enduring chemo therapy most of the summer in hopes of getting a few weeks of "good quality" time to spend with his family in Kansas City.




Since we are so far away, Tim and I thought if I made him a quilt it would be like sending a "hug" from Idaho. So, I worked pretty frantically and here is the quilt that I made. It was already sent out and received and it seems that both Aunt Joan and Uncle Tom really liked it.




We keep them always in our thoughts and send cards and letters as often as we can. So, hugs and best wishes and hopeful thoughts are being sent your way, Uncle Tom!

3 comments:

Marilyn Robertson said...

This is a beautiful quilt, and I am sure Uncle Tom can feel the love and hugs that you put into it!

Ruthie said...

Very pretty quilt. What is the pattern?

Kim said...

This was the best gift. I really like that you did this, it's a very personal thing making a quilt for someone. I am sorry to hear about the cancer that has a hold on Uncle Tom. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

Kim
Stillmeadow Quilting