WELCOME - here's a place to talk about reading good books, the love of Yorkshire terrierists, enjoying Nebraska Cornhusker Football and whatever else comes up...
Thanks for stopping by - be a commentator and let me know you were here!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Front yard and lillies, lillies, lillies...

The daisies here have just gone crazy... they seem to love the heat (I'm glad something does 'cuz I sure don't).


And the asiatic lillies are blooming now, too. I didn't realize how many varieties I had, and they smell heavenly!




We've been getting temps in the 100's now, so it will be interesting to see which plants thrive in the heat and which don't! I keep notes, so next year I get more of the heat-lovers planted! LOL
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July holiday. We went to Meridian Speedway that evening and they put on a great fireworks show together with the City of Meridian. Lots of fun and noise and excitement... They had the 360 winged sprint cars running, and they are the fastest cars at that track - awesome to watch.
Bye until next time!!

7 comments:

Pattie said...

Hi Becky -

The flowers are gorgeous!! Is that white one a Casablanca Lily, by chance? That's my favorite, but yours are all making me drool!

Stay cool in the heat!

Judy ~ Through My Garden Window said...

Beautiful!! My lilies are about half way through their 'life' for this year. It's been such a strange year, weather wise - - so much rain.

I am born and raised in Nebraska....and still here. We are looking forward to this year's football season! Hopefully, we'll get back on track.

Judy in NE

Pattie said...

Hi Becky - it's me again. I just wanted to thank you for your kind words on my blog. You're so right: things look bleakest at 2:00 in the morning!

I sent a fellow blogger over to your site, to see your beautiful lilies. She has some, too if you want to check it out: http://manuela-anewdecade.blogspot.com/2008/07/july-goals.html

Take care - and thanks again.

Manuela said...

Pattie is such a sweetheart!

I LOVE the flowers and you're lilies are outstanding. Mine have just begin and I'll try to do a post about them on Thursday. The one I posted today looks like the last one you have.

I think I have 7 varieties all at different stages, some more fragrant than others.

Just beautiful!

Rhonda said...

Absolutely beautiful, glorious, spectacular.....all those adjectives! Here in central Texas where it seems to never rain and if one attempts to water his/her yard, it costs lots of money.......my yard is dead. Sorry I was venting. Your yard is great. Take care.

DILLY said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww lots luvly flowers! Pwitty! Dilly like!

Dilly think speedway sownd fun!
Not been.
Like air shows?
Dilly like air shows!
Big noisy planes!
Brrrrmmmm arrrrrrrrrrrrrneeeowwwwww!

Karen said...

Hi there ~ This is my 1st visit to your blog, which I found at Pattie's blog. I love, love, love your beautiful flowers!

Lucky you....attending the Sisters Quilt show! Looks like some amazing quilts were there.