Today I am either not myself, or entirely too much “myself”…. Undecided, which goes along with the entire theme of the day. So far I have had a series of just plain air-headed goof-ups. I attribute this to over-excitement for my upcoming trip to Las Vegas tomorrow, but it might just be a good excuse. (?)
· I rushed to get to work today and forgot to take my daily med’s. This might not be a big deal for most people, but there is one pill that has extreme withdrawal effects when you are late or miss a dose. Of course, I began feeling the vertigo about 10:30am, and then I realized what I had done…
· So – I rushed home at lunch time to get the med’s. Gave the dogs a treat, used the restroom facilities and headed back to work. (so far so good)
· I rushed in straight to the cafeteria, where I wandered to every station before making a ho-hum selection of egg salad sandwich. (In hindsight, it seems I was on a mission to make sure that every employee in all 8 buildings would get a good look at me – this will make sense in another sentence or so.) Then, I rushed back to my cubicle, ran into the bathroom to wash my hands and noticed that my zipper was down and my bright PINK underwear were very clearly showing. Lovely…
· While eating lunch in my cubicle, I worked on paying bills and entered a contest that required enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope. Just as the envelopes were sliding into the drop box, I noticed that I had reversed envelopes on the contest entry, which means that I will receive the envelope at home later this week with the enclosed envelope for the contest… brilliant!
· At this point, I’m wondering if I am capable of driving myself home or if I’ll inexplicably get lost on the way there. Care to place a bet? J Plus, I still have about 3 hours of work to get through – and Lord knows what else I’ll goof up!
Wish me luck!