WELCOME - here's a place to talk about reading good books, the love of Yorkshire terrierists, enjoying Nebraska Cornhusker Football and whatever else comes up...
Thanks for stopping by - be a commentator and let me know you were here!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Indiana Jones--I saw it!!


My husband and I had a great date day yesterday - starting with a little sandal shopping (we both found some!), then lunch at On the Border, and then to see "Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"!! The anticipation on my part was huge, of course. I have been a Harrison Ford fan since American Graffiti came out. I admit it is difficult for me to see him reaching the end of his "shelf life" as a leading man, but for a man in his 60's he is in great shape! He still makes me squeal on the inside - LOL. My sister and I were crazy about Harrison Ford - saw Star Wars 8 times and even had a life-sized standup of Indiana Jones from the first movie. I've often joked to my husband, that maybe I would go hiking in Montana, then get "lost" and hope that they send Harrison Ford in with a helicopter to rescue me - - . Something like this actually happened to a woman a few years back and I remember hearing about it and being so jealous - ha!

I can still very vividly remember the first time I saw the original Indiana Jones movie back in Omaha with my sister and a group of friends. At the time, my sister and I had never heard of this movie and weren't all that sure we wanted to see it, but peer pressure prevailed and we went. We barely made in to the theatre in time, and ended up about 3 rows from the front... We missed the previews and the movie was just beginning. If you recall that part, you see Indiana's silhouette, and then as he turned, it dawned on my sister and I at the exactly the same time... We screeched, in unison, very loudly, "Can it be???...... HARRISON FORD!!!!!!" - Need I say that certain friends never let up on teasing us about this moment of sheer girliness! LOL But, yet, one of my funnest memories with my sister.
I have to say, this movie wasn't what I expected at all. It was good, grabbed your attention and moved rapidly, but I'm not sure I liked the ending.... It left me feeling kind of hollow - maybe because I realize that this is probably the last we'll see of Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.'s adventures. Also, I had a lot of questions about exactly what it was that happened with the whole crystal skull thingy's (without giving anything away)?? I kind of don't get it...?.... something about trans-dimensional, blah blah? However, I maybe just need to see it again :) (tee hee). Favorite one liner was "don't call it a snake, tell me to grab the rope" -ha!
Can't wait to discuss the details with my sister - we will be getting together with our folks in Las Vegas on June 19th! Counting the days for sure.... tick tock tick tock....

No comments: